Thursday, December 13, 2018

Still LIfe, Project One, Jewelles Byrne, Title: flower on a lake


Reference 1 and 2

Describe: My pieces tend to be very simplistic and straight forward, very rarely straying from the main focus looks wise. This piece in particular showcases a pink flower with another flower of sorts floating behind it, against a night sky, floating on a monochromatic lake. The flower in the background is supposed to both, represent an ice sculpture or a water lily. In front of the water lily stands a proud pink flower, Supposed to be the forefront of the project. The entire thing is tied together by the night sky as well as the monochromatic water that it is resting upon.


Analyze: The title, "Flower on a Lake" a fairly straightforward title,  encasing the most important aspect of the piece, the flower. Due to the simple title there isn't anything behind the title itself. There actually isn't a time period that this piece is from so I cannot expand on that front. There isn't too much to explain with the references, I had struggled with an idea until I found an image on pinterest and went with that idea. regarding principles, there are at least two featured in my art work. There is Contrast, regarding the colors, at first there is monochrome, which shifts to pink and then to light blue, and then  a deep blue. Then there's emphasis, the lake itself, again is monochrome, and the deep blue background, contrasting the bright colors of the flower and water lily, which SHOULD draw your attention to them.

Interpret: This was the first piece of the year, and was drawn due to a sudden Idea, so there isn't much of a large meaning behind the piece itself. There isn't much to this piece, I won't lie, but that doesn't mean there is nothing behind this. First of all, even though I don't incorporate it too much, I adore flowers and the way that you can incorporate them into beautiful ways. The color pallete of the water Lily represents a moon flower, Which also incorporates the night sky in the background. The complete intention of this piece is plain and simple, flowers.

Judge: Time to judge, no? I won't lie when I say that this piece was fairly rushed, I could have done so many things, ten times better. While I enjoy my original idea, it didn't turn out entirely as I had planned. I could have taken more time with this piece, not to mention use a different background, as I use the night sky with pretty much every project. Overall, I am not to happy with this piece as it was fairly rushed.

Master Artist: Albrecht Dürer
Contemporary Artist: Sean Bagshaw



No comments:

Post a Comment