Saturday, December 15, 2018

Color project, second project, Toby the baby

(there wasn't many references that I used as I was drawing this, as I randomly decided to draw him like this)

Toby the Baby

Describe: In this piece, our goal was to articulate colors into the piece in a very specific way, I chose to use Toby, the character I was obsessing with at the time. Here we can see toby as the center focus, excited to see something new, as indicated by the stars in his eyes. In the background, is the pansexual flag, (as this is what represents a part of him.) he presses his hands to his chest, as he looks as if he's gasping out of joy, or at least that is what I was going for. Also toby, is a satyr, half human, half deer.

Analyze: The Title, "Toby the Baby" represents the fact that Toby, a 24 year old deer, but acts somewhat childish when he's excited. The time period he is in, isn't represented with in the piece he is actually in, so it would be pointless to discuss that. Principles of design is the next topic I'll talk about, there are 2, Emphasis and Patterns. With emphasis he's in the forefront of the piece, therefore brings your eyes towards and emphasizes his presence. With variety there's a variety of patterns mainly with in his hair as well as his eyes, instead of actual pupils I replaced them with stars.

Interpret: In the piece, there isn't too much meaning behind it, besides the actual flag in the background. The flag, as I had said before, the pansexual flag, represents both me and him. pansexual refers to love (or romantic love) towards everyone, regardless of gender or identity, which with Toby, he tends to love everyone, and be open minded towards everyone he meets. In other words, the flag is meant to represent Toby's openness and accepting nature.

Judge: I am surprisingly proud of this piece, The expression is definitely very.. well.... expressive! While I could have done the hands way better it is still done really well. I am proud of how the coloring turned out, as well as the shading, I've gotten better at shading. My intentions with the piece were fairly simple, express my baby's joy and cuteness. I am also very proud of how I drew his expression, it's really expressive and strongly portrays how happy he is.



                                  
                                            Contemporary artist: Lavendertowne



                                                    Master Artist: Kazuya Akimoto



No comments:

Post a Comment