Thursday, December 20, 2018

3rd project, Line project, My friends of art


                                          

Describe: This piece shows a large pencil floating in a space like background. In front of the space background is a pencil. on the pencil stands all of my friends in the art class, from left to the right it's; Jose, Natalie, amanda, Anna, nick, kim, bailey and me, the one in the cage is Joel. The way you are supposed to approach this piece is from left to right. I encompassed the animals that represented each person's personality.

Analyze: The title of this piece is straight forward, "My friends of art". This title represents the fact that all my friends on the pencil were friends I made in art. There are 2 principles of design in this piece, Emphasis, and movement. Emphasis is incorporated within this piece because the pencil and everyone on it is meant to be the center focus of the I used movement because your eyes move over everyone and then to joel.

Interpret: There actually is a pretty large meaning behind this piece. when I was younger I used to draw cats, and occasionally other animals on a pencil. I chose to do this again because when I was younger it made me really happy, now I can incorporate my amazing friends that I made in art. Besides that, there isn't much of a meaning behind this. With Joel, he's in a cage because this was after he went to jail.

Judge: This piece was really fun to make, and I'm happy with how it turned out. I wish I could have done the coloring a little better, and blended the copics a lot better. my intention, which was to show my friends on a pencil and represent an old thing I did when I was little. Each animal is supposed to represent each friends personality, which I believe was done well. I especially love my line art and how that turned out!


                                          
                                              Contemporary artist: Ponder Sprocket

                                     
                                         Master artist: Leonid Afremov


No comments:

Post a Comment