Sunday, April 28, 2019

6th project, 4th concentration. They paint

Progress pictures







Describe: This piece shows my two characters, smudge and paintbrush together in Paintbrush's art studio with both of them painting. Paintbrush is cheerful and encouraging smudge, whos somewhat panicked and uncomfortable as he doesn't really know what he's doing. people are supposed to approach this with an open view, mainly focusing on the two in the front. their eyes are then to move to the painting the two are working on, paintbrush's side is gentle and pleasing to the eye while smudges side is cruel and childish. the medium for this was digital and took three days to complete.\

analyze: there really isn't a specific time period this piece is based on. the two of them are around 23 in this piece so their current age in the story they are from (mine). theres at least two principals of design within this piece, harmony balance. theres harmony in this piece because there is beautiful combination of colors. theres balance because theres a good balance between light and shading. the only reference for this piece is an old version of it I did which will be posted at the end of the post.

interpret: theres not too much behind this piece, besides these to characters who are very close to me as I've had paintbrush for about 6 years, even though i just recently designed him. I hope anyone who views this piece will feel the connection between these two characters as they are very close which is what I did my best to convey in this piece. 

Judge: this piece of mine turned out very well, the colors especially. I enjoyed then filter I put over the line art and everything else as it really emphasized the shading and lighting. I probably could have done the poses and paint cans and background a little better, but I definitely conveyed their heights and personalities well. 




contemporary artist: david lovenvberg


master artist: Dianne dengal

No comments:

Post a Comment